Instagram

maven_la_raven




Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The hills were alive with wildflowersAnd I was as wild, even wilder than theyFor at least I could run, they just died in the sunAnd I refused to just wither in place
Just a wild mountain rose, needing freedom to growSo I ran fearing not where I'd goWhen a flower grows wild, it can always surviveWildflowers don't care where they grow
And the flowers I knew in the fields where I grewWere content to be lost in the crowdThey were common and close, I had no room for growth
I wanted so much to branch out
I uprooted myself from home ground and leftTook my dreams and I took to the roadWhen a flower grows wild, it can always surviveWildflowers don't care where they grow
I grew up fast and wild and I never felt rightIn a garden so different from meI just never belonged, I just longed to be goneSo the garden, one day, set me free
Hitched a ride with the wind and since he was my friendI just let him decide where we'd goWhen a flower grows wild, it can always surviveWildflowers don't care where they grow
Dolly Parton

No comments: